- Spectators are not to communicate with or give advice to any player during the competition. They are asked and encouraged to help search for lost golf balls, but must keep communication to a minimum in the process.
- Spectators may not carry a player’s golf bag and/or clubs.
- Spectators may carry food, drinks, umbrellas, and clothing items to give to the players, but should provide them to the players between the play of two holes.
- Spectator Carts will not be allowed. Handicap carts will be allowed for those who have a handicapped parking permit. The host facility has the final decision whether handicap carts will be allowed during the competition, and the spectator will be subject to the cart rental fee of the host facility. Handicap carts must remain on the cart paths at all times.
- Spectators are to remain in the rough or cart paths at all times, and maintain a distance of 20 yards from the players.
- Spectators are not to use cell phones or beepers on the golf course. Spectators are asked to return to the clubhouse to use such devices. If needed in case of an emergency, spectators are asked to keep it on “vibrate” mode in order to not distract the players.
- Spectators are to remain away from the players when turning in their scorecards in the scoring area. The players are responsible for the correctness of their score.
- Spectators are also subject to the code of conduct policy.
Spectators are encouraged to attend SOPGA Junior Tour and SOPGA Futures Tour events. Rules for the Spectators during events are as follows: