Open to parents and/or guardians of Futures Tour participants (ages 7-11 years of age) who would like to share in the competitive golf experience. IMPORTANT: Caddies will only be permitted for SOPGA Futures Tour contestants ages 7-11. Caddies will not be permitted for any other age group.
Divisions in which use of a caddie is allowed:
- Boys Age 10-11
- Boys Age 7-9
- Girls Age 10-11
- Girls Age 7-9
Steps to Become a Caddie
To qualify, you must have a valid driver’s license and take the Southern Ohio PGA Caddie Quiz online. Anyone wishing to caddie MUST wear their 2017 Caddie Bib throughout the competition. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Registration is Open and Cost is $30-$40.
- Click the “Register Now” button below.
- You will take the online caddie quiz during the registration process. Please allow 10-15 minutes
- A caddie quiz study aid is located under the “FAQs/Important Documents” tab
- Fax, Mail or Email a copy of your valid drivers license to the Southern Ohio PGA
- Once you successfully complete your registration, your caddie identification and rule book will be mailed to you
Click here to take the Caddie Quiz
Caddie Duties (where applicable)
A caddie may:
- Carry the player’s clubs and help with club selection
- Help the player with alignment of both his body and the club
- Count scores for fellow competitors and assist with scoring
- Help players with searching for balls, pace of play, and etiquette
- Attend the flagstick
- Find a Rules Official for any questions concerning the rules
- Report to the scoring area immediately following play
- Encourage player to have fun
A caddie may not:
- Assist the player in any way during the swing
- Attempt to make rulings
*No player may have more than one caddie at a time. Caddies are encouraged not to emphasize winning, get too involved, or “over coach”. Any penalty incurred by the caddie will be resolved against the player.
The SOPGA strongly encourages every applicant to read all the information listed above prior to clicking on the register button.